Do you want to sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota? Every mineral owner does! The key to selling mineral rights for maximum value is doing it the right way. A lot of mineral owners decide to sell mineral rights on their own. They do a google search and find a few buyers, get some bids, take the highest one, and call it a day. Don’t fall into that trap! There is a better way to sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota!
How to sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota
The best way to sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota is to list your property at US Mineral Exchange. We recommend US Mineral Exchange because they help mineral owners get the best price. They walk mineral owners through the entire process. They will help you avoid getting taken advantage of. Here are some of the key reasons we recommend US Mineral Exchange over selling on your own:
- Maximum Value: When you sell royalties the most important thing is exposure. The more buyers that know your property is on the market the better. These buyers will compete against one another. Competitive drives up prices and puts the most cash in your pocket. When you list your property at US Mineral Exchange is puts your property in front of thousands of mineral rights buyers in North Dakota. This leads to you getting the best possible price.
- Convenience: A lot of mineral owners who do it on their own spend weeks or months trying to find buyers. Even after all that work they end up contacting less than 1% of mineral rights buyers in North Dakota. They end up spending a ton of time and trying to find buyers when they could list their property and let buyers come to them.
- Qualified Buyers: Did you know that over half the websites you stumble across are not really buyers? These websites were set up specifically to capture leads. Once you submit your information these people make you an offer. Once they get you to agree to a price, they turn around and take that price to real buyers. That mark the price way up so they make a ton of money (that should have gone in your pocket) and someone else purchases your property. When you list your property at US Mineral Exchange you will only get offers from qualified buyers so you don’t get taken advantage of.
Use caution selling royalties on your own
If you want to sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota we do not recommend doing it yourself. If you do decide to sell royalties on your own, use extreme caution. Below are some tips that will help you avoid getting taken advantage of. You are still extremely unlikely to get a good price but at least you can avoid getting ripped off.
- Real Buyer: When you contact mineral rights buyers on your own, make sure you are working with a real buyer. Ask them specifically, “Are you the person who will be purchasing my property or is it someone else?”. If it’s someone else, you aren’t talking directly with a buyer. You only want to work directly with an end buyer. If you aren’t working with an end buyer you have no idea how much the person who is “helping” you is making. They often make 20%, 30%, and even 100% by getting you to agree to sell at a certain price and flipping it someone else.
- Low Ball Offers: If you do manage to find a real buyer, you are likely to talk to someone who will make you a low ball offer. Mineral buyers know that you usually don’t know what your property is worth. They also know you can’t possibly contact very many buyers on your own. They make you a low ball offer and put a lot of pressure on you to sell quickly. There’s no real way to know for sure if the offer you are getting is low. Your best bet is to get as many offers as you can. This is the main reason why we don’t recommend selling on your own. When you get an offer, negotiate hard and don’t take the first offer you get. Even if you get the buyer to double their offer it doesn’t mean you got a good deal.
- Closing Documents: When you sell on your own, you have to handle escrow on your own. You also have to make sure that you aren’t selling more property than intended. One trick mineral buyers use is inserting language that covers all your ownership in a county. You need to closely review all documentation and ensure you aren’t being taken advantage of.
Final thoughts on selling royalties
We understand the temptation to try and sell royalties on your own. To sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota doing it on your own is not the best option. To sell royalties for maximum value in North Dakota working with a professional broker is the way to go. You’ll avoid shady buyers, avoid getting scammed, save a lot of time, and end up with more money in your pocket. There’s really no reason not to work with a professional broker like US Mineral Exchange. They simply make the process easy and protect you in the process.